Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Introductions and Fun Facts!

Hello, friends! The Big Booty Bride here! I'm not sure how popular this thing is going to be or how long I'll be able to keep up with it, but just in case I become internet-famous, I'll do a brief description of myself to start things off.

Hello, strangers! My name is Maddie. I'm 20 years old and I have been dating the love of my life for almost five years now. A little over a month ago, my best friend/high school sweetheart (Matt, of course) and I went to Disney World's Magic Kingdom where we enjoyed a magical day in the park. At night we watched the fireworks over the castle in the Rose Garden and he proposed to me. Imagine my excitement! In the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH which also happens to be MY FAVORITE PLACE EVER! Of course after all the excitement and engagement bliss faded after a few days and we had to head home, my next thought was "Oh God, I can't possibly let other people see me look like this on my wedding day." Second thought: "Oh God, there will be pictures. Pictures that people will want to see AFTER my wedding day."

So I was pretty much terrified by the idea that apparently weddings are a big deal and people want to actually see the bride? Crazy talk. But we'll slide past that one. Basically I "really wanna lose three pounds" (hahaha.. Mean Girls.. If you've never seen it, go watch it. Now. Go! ....Okay are we good? Great). But three pounds probably won't do much.. so we figure that we have between 2 and 3 years to get married. That means 1 and 1/2 to 2 years until we take our official engagement pictures, about 2 years until we pick a place to actually get married, and the biggest issue of all: I have about 2 years to fit into some form of a wedding dress. This means I have to buckle down and finally start to use the trap that shuts my mouth when I'm eating. I actually have to pull myself away from my laptop every once in a while and stop watching Saturday Night Live on Netflix.

I think that you've probably figured out so far that this is pretty much going to be a workout blog. I'll come on here and tell you what workouts work for me, what you can try at home, and maybe I'll post some embarrassing pictures of myself attempting a yoga pose that I just can't handle. But friends, if you thought this was only a workout blog, YOU'RE WRONG!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! MUAAAHAHAHHHAA (That's my evil laugh. If you don't have one, you should really get one. They can be very satisfying)!

I went to a wedding a few weeks ago for a dear friend of mine and when we were at the bachelorette party, I got to talking with an older woman who was in attendance (Fun fact: She was from Canada! Very friendly, but moving on now...). We got to talking about my recent engagement and how I had begged my best friend/Maid of Honor to help me make sure I don't look lumpy when I came down the aisle. The woman looked at me and smiled and said that I was already beautiful and that she hoped that instead of Matt and I worrying so much about planning for the wedding, we would instead build a strong foundation for our marriage. So here I am thinking, "Huh... Getting engaged isn't just about getting a really shiny ring and planning a huge party... It's another step in the journey that helps you prepare for your marriage." What a concept! So, my FABULOUS readers, in this blog, I hope to show you that one day I will actually lose those three (plus) pounds, I will be able to cook like Julia Child (wait.. that might be a different blog/movie...), and I will be able to show others how Matt and I are building the strongest foundation possible for our marriage and encourage others to do the same.

Thanks so much for making it this far! Now I'm off to workout... Hooray... (awkward sigh).

-The Big Booty Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment