Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars!

Hello, friends! My first day as a blogger has gone pretty well so I might as well finish strong and tell you all about my frozen treats that I'll get to try out tomorrow! :)

If you follow me on Vine (my username is Maddie Fantastic) you may have noticed my post featuring a new recipe that I found on Pinterest, but if not here's the original link!

The recipe sounds super healthy and says that it takes five minutes to make but I swear it didn't even take that long!

Since we're poor college kids, we go grocery shopping at Walmart, Aldi, and Kroger. No shame. So we went grocery shopping the other day and bought a bag of mixed berries (we make a lot of smoothies) and I happened to pick out a box of Banana & Nut Granola (which tastes FABULOUS even thought it's not "name brand"). We try to keep Greek Yogurt in the apartment as much as possible so we already had some of that on hand. I mixed up the yogurt, berries, and granola with nuts in a big bowl (exact measurements are on the original link, but I don't really follow those all the time- tee hee), put the mixture in a square brownie pan, threw it in the freezer, and now we're just eagerly waiting to try it tomorrow!

But, did my experiment stop there? Of course not! I had another idea. Matt and I found some popsicle making stick things at Dollar General a while back and we haven't used them yet so I thought that maybe I could blend up the ingredients again and make popsicles out of them! So, I repeated the procedure, blended it up, put it in the popsicle holders, and now they're freezing too! Super easy. It took a bit longer to prepare because of all the blending, but I am so excited to see how they taste tomorrow! I'll be sure to post about how delicious I know they'll be :)

See you all tomorrow morning! And thank you to The Lean Green Bean for this wonderful recipe!

P.S. I'd also like to point out that Matt is the PICKIEST EATER EVER and he loved this recipe so much that after I blended up the popsicle mixture he asked to lick the bowl! Best part about this recipe: you can put whatever you want in! Berries, bananas, peaches, you name it! Maybe peaches or pineapple will be next :)

1 comment: